You can self refer to the local NHS physiotherapy service.
This service provides NHS rehabilitation services in Brighton, Mid Sussex, Crawley, Horsham and East Grinstead.
Their team comprises of physiotherapists and support administrative staff with osteopaths and physiotherapy assistants available on some sites.
Musculoskeletal physiotherapy helps to restore movement and function when someone is affected by injury, illness or disability. It can also help to reduce your risk of injury or illness in the future.
You will be offered the most appropriate appointment for your condition and circumstances which may be a one to one appointment, a class or group, or you may be assessed and managed over the telephone.Treatments may include exercise, advice, education, manual therapy and hydrotherapy.
Physiotherapy self treatment sheets
Here are some leaflets to help you manage your condition, these have been reviewed and approved by our clinical staff to be the best information for patients.
- Achilles Tendon Pain – Advice and Exercises
- Ankle Sprain – Advice and Exercises
- Frozen Shoulder – Advice and Exercises
- Knee Pain – Advice and Exercises
- Low Back Pain – Advice and Exercises
- Osteoarthritis of the Hip
- Osteoarthritis of the Hip – Advice and Exercises
- Osteoarthritis of the Knee (ARUK)
- Pelvic Floor – Advice and Exercises
- Posture at the Workplace Advice
- Shoulder Impingement – Advice and Exercises
- Shoulder Pain – Advice and Exercises
- Tennis Elbow
- Wrist Sprain